Our Governing Body is at the heart of how our school operates.
They are primarily responsible for ensuring that Brooksbank provides the best quality education for all of its pupils. “We are constantly looking at ways to improve the education and life chances of the pupils in our care,” says our Chair of Governors, Marion Bain.
Ofsted recognises that there is a relationship between effective governance, the quality of leadership and management and the quality of provision and pupil achievement. Raising attainment and improving effective teaching and learning are key areas for discussion and improvement. To do this, governors work together with the Headteacher, who is also a school governor.
Our governors bring a wide range of experience and commitment to their roles and are united in their determination that every student will receive the best teaching and learning experience possible and that The Brooksbank School will continue to be regarded as a school where learners may flourish.
Consisting of twenty members, our Full Governing Body meets twice each term with the focus for each meeting alternating between curriculum & pastoral and finance & resources. There are also various one-off committees. Information about governor vacancies are posted on this website.
The Chair of Governors and governors, individually or collectively, welcome communication and comments about their work from parents. They can be contacted through our school or via the school’s email address.
Academies have a responsibility to be transparent about their governance. This requirement is specifically referred to in the Academies Financial Handbook issued by the Education Funding Agency. Here are several documents that ensure the academy meets this requirement.
- Composition & structure of the board: click here
- Statement of business interests (including that of the Accounting Officer): click here
- Articles of association (including memorandum of association): click here
- Funding agreement: click here
- Instrument of governance: click here
- Annual report (included within the latest annual accounts): click here
- Code of Conduct for Governors: click here
- Governing Board Attendance for Academic Year 2020-2021: click here