We are proud of the fact that we describe ourselves as a ‘traditional school’. We innovate teaching and learning through a traditional framework that we believe works the best for our students.
As an ambitious comprehensive school, we offer both a broad ranging curriculum and a robust, yet caring, pastoral system.
Our curriculum has a traditional comprehensive school framework, with a particular emphasis on preparing students for success in the twenty-first century. All students follow the National Curriculum and all are expected to take GCSEs in English, Mathematics and Science, together with other subjects chosen from a wide choice of courses, made towards the end of Year 9. In the Sixth Form, this breadth and depth of curriculum provision is extended further through a wide range of opportunities at Brooksbank and in partnership with other Sixth Form colleges.
Living and learning at The Brooksbank School would not be possible without our impressive range of facilities. Each subject area has its own teaching and learning spaces and classrooms are equipped with the latest IT hardware and mobile devices. Achieving sports college status in 2003 enabled us to build our sports centre. Becoming an academy in 2012 helped us achieve our dream of building an inspiring, light-filled arthaus. At the vibrant heart of the school is our main hall where students attend assembly in the mornings and our dining hall – an popular hub for hungry students at breakfast, break and lunchtimes.
Dedication and detail; making the Brooksbank experience unique
- Innovative, dynamic and challenging curriculum across all subjects offering extra support to boost learning and skills at every level
- A stimulating success-based culture with high expectations, exciting rewards and appropriate sanctions
- A motivating sports and health and fitness agenda, allowing students to compete locally, regionally and nationally allied with a wide reputation for winning
- All students are attached to friendly and loyal form groups, which form enterprising and resourceful year groups
- Careful monitoring to ensure all students are working to the best of their abilities and making excellent progress
- Reputable and reliable working partnerships are formed with parents to keep you involved and informed every step of the way
- Strong relationships with partner primary schools with masterclasses, taster sessions, educational workshops and invitations to special occasions
- An unrivalled abundance of appealing extra-curricular opportunities for all our students, at school, in the UK and abroad.