We provide an excellent service to students throughout the day. We are a designated Healthy School and we offer a range of meals and snacks at competitive prices. Meal deals in the main diner cost £2.10 – to see a sample menu for the week click here.
Sandwiches, salads and hot snacks are available from the ‘Deli’ in the small hall. Meal deals for £2.10 can also be purchased there. Every morning breakfast is served in the main hall diner from 8.00a.m. For a more details about the breakfast menu please click here.
Please find details below about our cashless catering system. This is a system that incorporates the latest technology and eliminates the need to carry cash throughout the day. It is also bio-metric so there is no need to carry a card as the system will recognise the thumb of your child at the pay points and at the tills. Payment for meals will be in advance using either Parent Pay, our on-line payment facility or paying at pay points in school. There are lots of advantages with this new way of operating:
- Specific food allergy ingredients can be barred automatically
- Healthy eating can be encouraged through incentive schemes
- Online payment will discourage the misuse of school dinner money through spending in shops outside of the school grounds
- It should alleviate some of the associated problems with the use of cash in schools such as loss of money
- Automatic free meal allocation to students accounts, thus helping those students on free meals to remain anonymous
- A more efficient delivery of service helps the canteen to provide wholesome, healthy and enjoyable school meals at a lower cost
Free School Meals
The government supports students through a new pupil premium whereby extra funding is allocated to schools. The funding is based on the number of students eligible for Free School Meals. You can register your child if you get any of these benefits
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit provided that they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16190
- National Asylum Seekers Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Element of State pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’. This is the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for working Tax Credit. Registering is very straightforward.
If you think you qualify, contact the Benefits Assessment unit on 0845 245 8000 who will help you to register or complete and return the application form. Further information is available by clicking here. For the school to receive extra funding, we need to have your child registered as having Free School Meals by 19th January. All information regarding Free School Meals is kept confidential. If you need any assistance with the application please contact the school in the first instance. (email@example.com)