This is a major aspect of our Sixth Form Provision. We have a team of experienced staff who offer a range of information, advice and guidance to ensure students not only fulfil their academic potential but also develop into articulate, confident and determined young men and women. Our support and guidance programme includes:
- Daily contact with a Form Tutor
- Pastoral support from Head of Year 12/13
- Weekly Form Period teaching students about a range of life skills and issues
- Sixth Form Admin Officer
- Individual and small group mentoring
- Well developed progress monitoring (Effort Grades, Attendance, Estimated v Target Grade analysis)
- Target Setting & Review
We have a dedicated Sixth Form Progress Tutor whose role is to help students achieve a smooth transition from GCSE’s to A Level’s as well as to provide pastoral support and academic mentoring. Students can refer themselves if they feel the need or it may be a member of staff who will identify a student for support.
The Progress Tutor can work in a number of ways with a student such as developing study skills, time management, raising aspirations, building self-confidence, revision techniques, UCAS personal statements, interview practice and much more!
Working together over a number of sessions, the Progress Tutor and the student may produce individualised targets and work programmes that will help them manage an often demanding workload.