This is a major aspect of our Sixth Form Provision. We have a team of experienced staff who offer a range of information, advice and guidance to ensure students not only fulfil their academic potential but also develop into articulate, confident and determined young men and women. Our support and guidance programme includes:
- Regular contact with a Form Tutor who provides both academic and pastoral support.
- Sixth Form Progress Tutors who offer specific subject support, advice and guidance.
- A weekly Form Period timetabled session that teaches students about a range of life skills and issues.
- A well developed system of academic monitoring to track progress against targets and identify under achievement.
- An intervention programme that provides subject specific short term action plans and academic support.
- A sixth form admin officer who coordinates Bursary payments, parents evenings, attendance issues and parental contacts.
- A well-resourced sixth form study room for independent study during non-contact sessions.
- A Study Plus intervention room for specific subject support and academic mentoring.
- Weekly support group sessions to help students discuss a range of emotional issues.
- An ICT welcome pack on entry to Year 12 where students can choose to receive a laptop, iPad or an educational bursary.
We have two dedicated Sixth Form Progress Tutors whose role is to help students achieve a smooth transition from GCSEs to A-Levels as well as to provide pastoral support and academic mentoring. Students can refer themselves if they feel the need or it may be a member of staff who will identify a student for support.
The Progress Tutor can work in a number of ways with a student such as developing study skills, time management, raising aspirations, building self-confidence, revision techniques, UCAS personal statements, interview practice and much more!
Working together over a number of sessions, the Progress Tutor and the student may produce individualised targets and work programmes that will help them manage an often demanding workload.